The purpose of this 'Phlog' is two fold.  First to show off some of my favorite photos that I have taken.  Second to encourage you to get out and explore your own backyards.  I will attach a google map to each photo.  Happy Exploring!

Sunday, March 15, 2009


Settings: ISO 100, f/22, 1/25s

This is Escondido Falls in the Santa Monica Mountains.  I went the day after it rained in hopes the water fall would be gushing.  While it was not by any means overflowing, there was still a good amount of water.  The hike to the falls isn't bad.  You park in a lot off PCH, hike through some gorgeous houses and then drop in for an easy stroll up a canyon to the bottom falls.  It is well worth scrambling off to the right above the first small falls to come to this one.  There is some poison oak, but you should be ok it you watch out.  I really love the colors in the photo, the green and yellows contrast great with the blue sky.    

No comments:

Post a Comment