The purpose of this 'Phlog' is two fold.  First to show off some of my favorite photos that I have taken.  Second to encourage you to get out and explore your own backyards.  I will attach a google map to each photo.  Happy Exploring!

Friday, March 6, 2009

Settings: ISO 100, f/22, 2.0s ND Filter

I admit it , I missed a day!  But for good reason I suppose.  Today I went hiking to Sturtevant Falls.  It was a great trail, not too crowded in the early morning.  I had set out for a 9 mile trek, but only made it about 4.  Needless to say, I had way too much fun hopping about the creek and taking pictures.   It rained yesterday which gave me extra motivation as the creek was flowing well.  I was working with a new ND filter which limits all frequencies of light making it so I can hold the shutter open longer.  It took some getting used to, but the results were great. 
    
 The picture of the sign blew me away.  I was walking down the trail and there it was, my life's motto.  I am so glad I decided to get up early and go for a hike.  After talking with a friend last night, I realize how little time I have until I graduate and that I need to experience as much as I can while I am still down in LA.  Time to see as much as I can, cheers!    


No comments:

Post a Comment